Friday, June 24, 2011

Euphonic Earworms: Dancing on a Rainbow

Here's my favorite musical number from Stage Mother, 1933. I TiVoed it off of TCM a few months ago solely because I saw Maureen O'Sullivan is in it, not expecting too much since the TV's short "info" description wasn't very good, but I actually really liked it!
I love the intro to this - the choreography is pretty (Maureen's) and eye-catching (the showgirls'), and the ominous storm bit is great.


Here are a couple of pictures of the lovely Ms. O'Sullivan:

- Emily

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ms. Sullivan looks much prettier here than in The Thin Man. I didn't like how they dressed her in Thin Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this one--I'll have to Tivo it next time it's on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing back-up dancers!! Thanks for sharing:))) xo

    ReplyDelete