Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Bit About Weddings

I love weddings. Or the idea of them at least. I actually have only been to one wedding in my life. I was 7 so I sort of hated it. Anyway, I now appreciate them because they are one of the few times large groups of people get together and have to dress nicely, and that makes me really happy. Also, there are some really pretty weddings so I am really excited to go to any weddings in the future (my cousin just got engaged so I will going to at least one soon).
Anywho, I was snooping about in my Grandma Ana's stuff and found her wedding album so I took some pictures of the photos. She was married in '52 I think... and must have gotten knocked up pretty quickly since my mom had two older brothers, and she was born in '55.
... anyway...















Not anyone I'm related to but it's a wedding picture so I thought it should be included.
Oh and I know it seems like Emily is the one doing all the work for this blog, but that's only because she is. I have been living internet-free since I got out of school and can only get on when I drive half an hour out of town to a place with wireless. Oh the joys of living in the country. (I have moved, if you can't tell)
So yeah, I am sorry, but I will try to find a way to make this work so dear Eee doesnt get all the fun!
- Gracie

2 comments:

  1. Your grandmother looks beautiful in her wedding photo! Yeah, Ive only been to one wedding and that was a blur; being dragged kicking and screaming to the church is all I remember. However, I do appreciate them more now, and love the effort everyone makes in their looks. Do you have any idea what you'll wear to you cousins, it always takes me ages to figure out what I will wear for an event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! She was the prettiest thing I've ever seen. As I mentioned My previous wedding experience was less than pleasant, though I did get loads of chocolate covered strawberries, which were meant for the bride and groom... And, no I have no clue what I'll be wearing. Unfortunately (for me, mostly) they haven't set the date yet so I haven't any idea what would be appropriate for the season.

    ReplyDelete