Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yet Another Feast (For the Eyes)

Hello Blogoverse!
I’m just popping in to say hello, and to share some more lovely images with you. These are all from Silverbluestar's photostream (the same place I sourced these early 20th century images). These are mostly from the 20s and 30s, and once again, I just don’t get tired of looking at these. I didn’t even notice the lady bits in one image until about the fifth time I looked at it, I was so distracted with the vivid and enchanting colors and scenery!

I just love this one. If I had a place to decorate, I would frame it. 

By Brunelleschi, 1925.

By Brunelleschi, 1926.

By Brunelleschi, 1927.

By Coppa, 1923.

By Corbella, 1925.

By Meschini, 1916.

By Meschini, 1928. A lovely scene, but after looking at it for awhile I realized that it's kind of amusing that this lady is being wooed/serenaded by, quite literally, a clown. Who knows, maybe she's actually leaning over that wall thinking how to best give him the ol' brush off politely. But I doubt that, it wouldn't fit what seems to be Meschini's characteristic romance in his images. Perhaps the clown has a voice like Dick Powell, or he is actually in a disguise because of some complicated, slap stick comedy-like circumstances. Ah well. It's better to imagine, I think. 

By Meschini, 1930. I want that coat. 

By Meschini, 1938.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!
- Emily

2 comments:

  1. oh, I love the first one and the last two most. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I actually thought of you when I saw the last one... what with your short 30s hairdo sort of like hers, and the outfit looks like something I could totally see you wearing if you were to go sailing!
    - Emily

    ReplyDelete